Skip to content

MLC

Welcome to the MLC Forum. This forum is dedicated to your ideas. California YMCA Youth & Government welcomes your suggestions about how to make MLC even better. Try it out!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. More descriptive explanations of program areas

After interviewing and researching for weeks, i am still trouble understanding certain program areas that I haven’t participated in, as well as their interactions and relationships with each other. A more thorough description of each program area would be ideal, online on in paper, for those already interested in program areas, but would like more information on the activities of their desired program area.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Incentives for candidates to visit small delegations and party reform.

Give candidates more money to spend, or not charge them to go to small delegations, so logistically it will actually be worth it to visit small delegations.....OR(and/or).... reorganize the party system and make parties endorse candidates for all positions, not only gov and sec of state; then give them money for the amount of small delegations their candidates visit. And also points for all of their candidates who win and bills they endorse that pass, expanding the party system through the program and make it model a true linkage institution.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. court awareness

I've been told that people overlook court due to its difficulty and lack of reward. I just went to NJC without ever doing court, and it's truly an easy concept to grasp. I believe if we promote court and show how it can be simple and the feeling you get when you win your case is as fulfilling as passing your bill or NIC proposal. If during BOB 1 when people are choosing program areas and going to intro meetings regarding these program areas, try to spark an interest in them before they split up into these sections to influence…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Political Parties involved in legislation

Have political parties endorse legislation and work to pass or kill certian bills, rather than soley focus on getting candidates elected

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More empowerment groups such as FLIP. And more publicity and benefits for them! Spread the word!

More empowerment groups such as FLIP. And more publicity and benefits for them! Spread the word!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base