SO I'VE GOT A CANDIDATE…NOW WHAT?
Make sure all required forms are submitted by the deadlines.
- All applications and photos for leadership positions (elected and appointed) are to be submitted via online portal.
- Please send the contact information for both the lead advisor and the advisor working with candidates (if they are not the same person) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the candidate application deadline to ensure timely receipt of information.
- Deadlines for all forms (including financial disclosure forms) are listed on the opposite side of this page.
- Applications that are not approved by advisors will be considered incomplete, and candidates will be disqualified for incomplete applications.
- A clear way to make sure your candidate feels supported by the delegation.
- Plan an auxiliary meeting to work on posters and slogans.
- Even though candidates have a relatively large budget to use, they don't have to spend a cent to creatively campaign!
- Rallying around your candidate before the conference can be a great bonding experience for your delegation, and great practice for the conference.
- Offer your candidate opportunities to practice speech writing and delivery to help them get comfortable with the process.